Our ethos and values
Our vision is to provide a world-class education that is unique and personalised.
We are committed to delivering inspirational teaching that develops confident learners who take ownership of their learning and are proud of their achievements, preparing them for life in modern Britain.
We will achieve this by:
- Encouraging every student to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience necessary, both within and outside the classroom, to promote their full spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development.
- Providing a working atmosphere where good relationships between staff and students contribute to an effective and enjoyable learning process.
- Encouraging students to develop confidence, self-respect and a knowledge and understanding of other cultures and lifestyles, and to foster a growing sense of corporate responsibility both within the academy and in the wider community.
- Ensuring continuity between the primary and secondary stages of education, and to prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life in an increasingly technological society.
- Establishing and maintaining links with the community outside the academy, welcoming in particular the help and support of the Academy Advisory Group and the parent body.
- Providing a variety of opportunities for staff to enhance their professional experience within a rewarding and fulfilling career.